Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Finding Passion and Purpose Regardless of Life Situation



Christopher Renfro found his passion and purpose in life three years ago in 2009 and has since turned it into a profitable passion in a big way in spite of suffering from a severe disability.   

Christopher creates art though what he calls light painting.

In a recent interview with The Weekly Flickr, Renfro said;

 “When I first found light painting in 2009 it just completely blew my mind. I have spent my entire life really not knowing who I am, what I am supposed to do, or why I am here and when I found light art photography I knew instantly who I was.”

“I have a mental illness called borderline personality disorder, and it has created a lot of challenges in my life. When I’m having a rough day I can just go off and create art. And just the act of creating something is very therapeutic to me.”

Watch Christopher's Weekly Flickr interview below.



Christopher posted his initial photos to Flickr and was quickly invited to join a community of fellow light enthusiasts. He says, “I wouldn’t be here and have gotten this far with them and their support.”

Take a look at Christopher Renfro’s stunning photos on his Flickr Photo Stream, here.

According to The Weekly Flickr, Renfro’s advice to others with disabilities is to never give up. “You don’t know what tomorrow is going to bring,” says Christopher.

Denis Diderot said, “Only passions, great passions, can elevate the soul to great things.” Passion is where the magic happens. Passion is the engine that drives purpose.

Christopher Renfro found himself when he discovered his passion for light painting and it gave his life purpose. He disability could have left him bitter, angry and lifeless. Instead, Christopher chose to live a life of passion and purpose.

It doesn’t matter, whether you suffer from a disability like Christopher Renfro, or are a teenager like Olivia Bee in yesterday’s post, it doesn’t matter what your past is, where you come from or what your educational background is, everybody has one of a kind passions and a specific purpose to fulfill in life. Find them and your life will be fulfilled and meaningful. You will truly discover who you are.

For more information on discovering your passions and purpose in life, including your profitable passion, see Don’t Seek Success – Be Happi.

Be Great!

MB



No comments:

Post a Comment